Drama at Exeter is an internationally-renowned centre for practice, research and teaching. Our teaching grows out of our wide-ranging research interests and we provide a supportive and high quality environment for learning.
Excellent teaching & research
- 1st in UK for Drama in the Times Good University Guide 2022
- Top 5 in The Complete University Guide 2021
- 97% of the students go on to work and / or study - Graduate Outcomes survey data from students graduating during 2017-2018
- Collaborative and practice-based approach including drama in the community
- Opportunities to specialise in areas such as directing, contemporary performance, music theatre, actor training, applied drama, theatre history and technical theatre crafts
We are well-known for our exciting combination of practice and research, and regularly perform at the top of disciplinary league tables. Our students are offered a remarkable range of subjects and approaches to theatre and performance, supported by staff who are leading international researchers and professional practitioners. Our state-of-the-art studios and seminar spaces are run by a dedicated technical team. We offer students a great context in which to critically engage with contemporary international culture and to pursue their own creative development.
Professor Jane Milling, Head of Drama